"Salt broiling is a simple but delicious way to prepare fish. The salt sprinkled on the fish before broiling gives it a special flavor. Any small whole fish may be cooked in this way. Fillets, or boneless pieces of fish, may also be used as long as the skin is left on."
2 whole trout, cleaned, or 1 lb. fish fillets with skin on
1. Salt fish lightly on both sides and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. With help from an experienced cook, start charcoal grill or preheat broiler.
3. Grill or broil fish for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Serve with soy sauce and lemon wedges.*
* Grated daikon (Japanese white radish) adds a bit of extra zip to a dipping sauce for shioyaki. Give each diner a small dish to mix soy sauce, lemon and daikon to his or her personal taste.
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 15 minutes
"Simple flavors and ingredients help this fish dish shine."
excerpted from same cookbook as prior post.