Saturday, October 25, 2008

Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Broth

Sometimes, all I want around is homemade chicken broth. I recently discovered a way of making some, with little trouble and fuss, using a slow cooker.


Here's last night's recipe:

I threw into the cooker, 2 large frozen chicken breasts, 4 cloves of frozen, peeled garlic, half a cup of frozen sliced onions, 2 cups of frozen sliced celery and a few teaspoons of salt.

I covered everything with water ... filling the slow cooker 3/4 of the pot.

And then cooked it all on high for 5 hours.

I then removed the chicken; when it had cooled off, I removed the skin and bones; chopped the chicken meat; placed it all in a container and put it in the freezer. Lately, I've been big on freezing stuff.

Then, I strain the broth, disgarding the celery and onions. Taste the broth to ensure it's salted to my liking, and then I freeze the broth as well, in individual, single serving containers.

No comments: