Saturday, May 10, 2008

Salad at Dale's

Dale lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
We met a few years ago when I was living for 5 months with my older sister.
I asked him if he'd be my friend forever.
He laughed, took my pinky and said "we'll be pinky friends forever."
And that's what we've been ever since.


I bought a nice big salad spinner from Macy's as a thank you gift for Dale. He purchased my ticket to Atlanta recently. The spinner's a big success and I highly recommend it.


One head of boston red leaf lettuce
5 mushrooms
some zuccinni and squash washed and diced


wash lettuce.
spin dry.
with moist cloth, clean mushrooms.

tear lettuce and place in spinner's bowl.
slice mushrooms and place in bowl.
place zuccinni and squash in bowl


for the dressing, add olive oil liberally to the salad.
add about 5 splashes of balsamic vinegar
a few generous dashes of salt
and ground pepper
add minced garlic, a few, 4, cloves

mix all together
and serve at room temp.

No comments: