Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chicken at Dale's

This chicken is fantastic! Dale said. when you were picking out things to buy for dinner at the store, I didn't know ... he said. I didn't know what you were doing and I didn't know that it would turn out like this, but this is fantastic.


I greatly and truly appreciated his words and told him so. there was no bullshit. I like no bullshit.


I promised him I'd write the recipe and post it before I forgot. I do often forget. It's the pace of the world I'm currently part of that leads me to forget. ... or rather, makes it difficult for me to remember. Because I can always remember, with a little attention and focus. ... :)

ingredients:

chicken, cut in pieces, select your favorite. most important and a must, in my option, um, opinion is to purchase chicken that is as healthy as possible. that's to say meat from chickens raised well, on natural grains, roaming free and killed gently.

i still have trouble with the whole killing thing, but moving on.



Marinate chicken in the following:

1 fresh lime, squeezed
1/2 a large orange, squeezed
1/2 a head of garlic, pressed
salt: coarse salt, rosemary, lavender
fresh ground pepper


marinate for a few hours.

fire up the grill.
place on grill.
watch.

i don't know. i cooked a double breast and a thigh with leg in 15 -20 minutes. first on med. heat and then on high heat and then back to med for the last 5 min. the high heat gave the meat a nice color. the med. heat ensured the meat would remain tender and moist.

dale says it turned out perfect.
and that it was healthy too, which was really nice.

he and i both agree that what's nice is when food is healthy and tasty and the same time, which is really hard to get because most places fill things with fat.

i don't think that's necessary.

i'm all about tasty healthy and yummy.
and when i'm living right, and doing right, that's the way i'm cookin'.

No comments: